I’ve been reading Lee Carroll’s Kryon book, “The Recalibration of Humanity” which talks about how each person has their own unique dietary needs based on their akashic inheritance over many lifetimes.
I enjoy Indian food with it’s depth of flavorful, warming spices. I decided to try some ayurveda inspired recipes this week in an effort to stimulate my appetite and eat more healthfully. I love the fresh herbs in this recipe from The Ayurvedic Institute in New Mexico.
- Salad greens
- French lentils
- Rice vinegar
- Olive oil
- Sunflower oil
- Goat cheese
– Steam beet halves 20 min, cool, skin & chop then refrigerate.
– Soak 1/4 cup lentils overnight, rinse and simmer 20min in 1 cup water.
– Mix 1/4 cup chopped fennel, 2 Tbs dill, salt, pepper, 1 Tbs rice vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil.
– Saute 2 sm zucchini in chopped shallots, sunflower oil and rice vinegar.
– Mix lentils, fennel & zucchini and refrigerate.
– Saute quinoa in oil 2 min. Add 3/4 cup broth & simmer 12 min.
– Toss quinoa with 2 Tbs parsley, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 lemon’s juice, 1/4 tsp pepper.
– Blend avocado, 1 Tbs lime juice & zest, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 Tbs rice vinegar, 1 Tbs parsley, 1 Tbs cilantro, salt and pepper.
– Toss greens with avocado dressing and layer lentils, quinoa, beets and a couple spoonfuls of goat cheese on top.